Stephanie Leal, B.S.
3rd year Graduate Student
Office: Ames 122/140
Phone: (410) 516-3813
Stephanie graduated with a B.S. in Biopsychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She is interested in the neurobiology of memory as it relates to aging. Her research interests range from studying memory using neuroimaging techniques such as fMRI to using rodent models to gain insight into how memory is affected in the course of aging. She would also like to examine other factors involved with memory and aging such as depression and attention.
- Robert and Dorothy Waldrop Research Fellowship
- Collaborative Student Research Award
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship Honorable Mention
- T32 Predoctoral Training Fellowship
- Leal, S., Yassa, M.A. (2013) Perturbations of Neural Circuitry in Aging, Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Alzheimer’s Disease. Ageing Research Reviews 12(3):823-831. DOI: 10.1016/j.arr.2013.01.006
- Leal, S.L., Tighe, S.K., Yassa, M.A. (2014) Asymmetric effects of emotion on mnemonic interference. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory DOI:10.1016/j.nlm.2014.02.013
- Leal, S., Tighe, S., Stark, S.M., Stark, C.E., Yassa, M.A. (2013) Age-related alterations in intrinsic functional connectivity networks measured with resting state fMRI. Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, Waikoloa, HI.
- Tighe, S., Leal, S., Stark, S.M., Stark, C.E., Yassa, M.A. (2013) Resting state functional connectivity in individuals with mild cognitive impairment. Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, Waikoloa, HI.
- Tighe, S., Leal, S., Stark, S.M., Stark, C.E., Lyketsos, K., Yassa, M.A. (2012) Anterior cingulate connectivity in depressed, cognitively impaired older adults. International Conference on Geriatric Psychiatry, Barcelona, Spain.
- Yassa, M.A., Leal, S., McNary, G., Levitt, E. (2012) Pattern separation of negative emotional stimuli is enhanced in depressed adults. Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, LA.
- Leal, S., McNary, G., Levitt, E., Yassa, M.A. (2012) A dual role for amygdala-mediated emotional modulation of hippocampal pattern separation. Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, LA.